Thursday 24 February 2011

Birthday, Biking and Binoculars

It's been a busy month so far!

James celebrated his 10th birthday - I really can't believe he's 10!  He's so grown up and such a responsible young man, and I'm a very proud mum!

The LaserStorm was the centre of the celebrations, and all the reports back from the boys was that they had an amazing time.




Ben had a close encounter with some Shetland Ponies in Spalding - I love moments like these, when you expect a normal trip out, and it becomes something a bit different and unexpected........


Today really felt like the first day of Spring (according to the weather reports, this may be short lived!) and so Ben and I tried to make the most of it by going out on my bike for the first time since last summer.

Ben thought it was excellent!  He spent most of the time either giggling, pointing out other bikes and cars, or tickling my back, although the excitement of being on the bike did lead to a massive tantrum around the Co-Op as he wanted to stay on it..........

And finally, on to the binoculars!  Ben found them under the boys' bed whilst I was clearing their room and he laid quite happily on the bed with them to his face, saying "See, See", but I was not taking a great deal of notice as he seemed very happy.  It was only a short while later, whilst sitting downstairs, that I saw how he was using them...........

Despite being shown how to use them, he still refuses to put them to his eyes, preferring to use his nose - funny little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment