Friday 14 January 2011

Ben's Way of Standing Up for Himself!

Ben and I had Shining Stars this morning - Ben's biggest achievements were drinking lots of milk using his newly acquired cup skills, playing with Play Dough for ages and using the little slides completely unaided.

Ben also managed to stand up for himself for the first time - a little boy wanted the car Ben was playing with and tried to take it away.  Ben pointed his finger and said "No," but the little boy carried on trying to get it.  Ben proceeded to say "No!" louder and held his whole hand up as if to make the point, but the little boy continued, and so Ben gently pushed him away from the car and walked away.  This really seemed like quite a major development as he would normally give in or run away to find me.

Unfortunately, this didn't stop Ben being a clingy little monkey and he refused to be more than 6 feet away from me at any time - this really does give me mixed feelings - I love him to need me and want me, but it does get very tiring!

Music Bugs this afternoon was successful in one way as Ben actually took his coat off!  It seems strange as my little man is one of the eldest in the session, and easily the tallest - but he's still my baby.  He's also the most cuddley!  I think his favourite bit is putting the hand and finger puppets back in the "Bin" but I'm sure when he saw the finger puppet spider, he actually said "Yellow hat."  We have been working on colours but I didn't think he really understood them so the next few days will show if he really knows what we've been doing.  He seemed to enjoy playing with his cars this evening, especially sorting out the yellow ones so maybe I heard right.  It's so cute because he can't say "Yellow", it comes out as "Lello", the same way as he says "Hello".

James and Robert have gone off to their dad's for the weekend - I'm sure a great time will be had by all with them having extremely late nights and not doing anything except stay in the pub while he works.  Oh well, it looks like he's moving again soon, so at least this part of the story should be over soon!

Ben really wasn't very happy that his brothers have gone but I think we've done a good job to take his mind off it - especially thanks to Grandad!

And so on with our evening - Ben tucked up in bed, Si, dad and me chilling, watching tv with a glass of wine (shhhhhh! Don't tell Slimming World ;-))

1 comment:

  1. Bless him, he'll get there. Remember how BG was when we first started and how she is now

    ReplyDelete